Brought to you by the
Women in the Arts & Media Coalition
Submission Opportunities Newsletter for Women in Theatre
You can view #StageOppsJan23 online by clicking on the links below.
If you are in need of emergency funds due to the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown, please check our COVID-19 pandemic shutdown resources page here.
IATI theater has historically opened its doors to talented Women artists to share their work. We take pride in providing a space and opportunity to showcase the work of women from NYC and internationally. This year has brought many changes to women's rights in the United States and around the world. We would like to invite you to share work that speaks to freedom. This year, we will explore the theme of freedom and liberty. What does freedom for women look like in 2023? Who is afforded liberty? How are women afforded such liberties? How are they not? Thank you for your time and talent. We are glad you are here.
o When/Where: New York, NY
o Deadline: January 6
o Application Fee: No Fee
o Eligibility: Submit this application form.
- Application must be submitted by January 6, 2023.
- After reviewing applications, selected artists will be invited to participate in Mujerstory 2023 Celebration.
- Performance must not exceed 5 minutes.
- Applicants must sign a Release Form
- All performances must be appropriate for all ages.
o Categories: Short Plays
o Submission Information
Senior Manager, Workforce Development Program, The Public Theater
The Public Theater, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an experienced individual to join the organization as the Senior Manager, Workforce Development Programs. This person will develop, manage, and support the institution’s programing supporting Talent and Workforce Development and will collect, process, and manage data related to these programs. This position reports to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
o Requirements: Develop and manage the Fellowship and Internship program including Summer Internships, Season-long Fellowships, Partnerships with Universities, colleges, and social service organizations, and Apprenticeships
- Develop the program to be in line with The Public’s Strategic and Cultural Transformation Priorities, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, industry engagement and professional development.
- Foster and maintain relationships with representatives at arts organizations, schools, social services partners and other institutions to establish a talent pipeline of culturally engaged and demographically diverse candidates.
- In collaboration with other HR Team colleagues, provide primary support regarding the recruitment, application review, interviews, hiring, and orientation of fellow/intern candidates.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly professional development for fellow/intern cohorts.
- Schedule and host institutional and industry guests to attend fellow/intern cohort meetings.
- Serve as mentor to cohorts throughout the program duration and beyond.
- Facilitate participant-directed learning opportunities including meetings, workshops and speaker sessions.
- Supervise Fellow/Intern Educational Projects and create a presentation forum for these projects.
- Liaise with Fellow/intern supervisors from each department.
- Coordinate relevant data from current and former Fellow/intern cohorts.
- Develop and support ongoing relationships with program alumni.
- Collaborate with Human Resources colleagues to identify and coordinate interdepartmental learning opportunities for program participants.
- Communicate with school representatives, external partners, and The Public’s staff via zoom, email, and in-person meetings to administer programming.
- Create, maintain, and update all marketing and social media materials for programming and events in coordination with The Public’s Communications department.
- Foster and maintain relationships with comparable programs at arts organizations.
- Represent The Public at arts education conferences, workshops, and other events.
o Compensation: This is an exempt full-time position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act with an annual salary of $75,000. This is a hybrid position with some flexibility – however the successful candidate will need to be on-site at least 2-3 days per week, with additional in-person events as needed. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
o Submission Information
Anderson Center’s Emerging Artist Residency Program 2023
The Anderson Center’s Emerging Artist Residency Program offers month-long residency-fellowships at Tower View to a cohort of early-career artists from Minnesota or one of the five boroughs of New York City for concentrated, uninterrupted creative time to advance their personal artistic goals and projects. The Anderson Center’s Emerging Artist Residency is an ideal fit for early-career artists in need of focused time and dedicated space in an inspiring residency work environment that empowers them take risks, embrace challenges, and utilize unconventional approaches to problem-solving. Thanks to generous support from the Jerome Foundation, selected emerging artists receive a $625/week artist stipend, documentation support, art-making resources, lodging & studio space, a travel honorarium, groceries, and chef-prepared communal dinners.
o Deadline: January 16
o Application Fee: None
o Eligibility: The application deadline for the Anderson Center's 2023 Emerging Artist Residency Program is Monday, January 16, 2023 at 12 p.m. Noon, Central Standard Time. Applications must be submitted on or before the deadline in order to be considered in the jury review period. There is no fee for applying to this residency program. Jury review will take place in late January and early February. Applicants will be notified by Feb. 3 as to the status of their application. A phone interview process with finalists will take place in late February following a second round of jury review. Selected artist residents, wait-list and runners-up will be notified by March 2, 2023.
o Application Information
To sign up to receive any of our newsletters
or to change your preferences, link here.
Post a Comment